Chocolate Fudge Pie, what can I say my friend? You are, or were should I say, simply delicious. I made this yesterday then posted a sneak-peek on Twitter and in response, a few of you demanded I post the recipe there and then – so this one is for you guys. I love baking, as you can see from my collection of recipes on this blog, mainly because I love sugar and eating all the contents of the bowl afterwards. But who doesn’t do that? This was my first attempt at pastry, never mind a whole chocolate filled pie! There is room for improvement, but I guess I’l just have to make the whole thing again…oh the torture!
180g Plain Flour
4tbsp Cold Water
200ml Single Cream
200g Chocolate, chopped – flavour of choice
80g Cocoa Powder
2 Eggs & 2 Egg Yolks
30g Plain Flour
1. CRUST: In large bowl, mix flour, sugar and salt together.
2. Add butter and mix with a fork until mixture starts to look like crumbs.
3. Add 1 tbsp of water at a time, mixing in between additions, until a dough forms.
4. Mould the dough into a ball and wrap in cling-film/plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
5. After the two hours, lightly grease a 9inch flan dish or pie plate (I used a flan-dish), and pre-heat oven to 175c.
6. Take the dough from the fridge and roll out onto a floured surface into a circle around 1/8inch thick.
7. Transfer to your choice of dish, and trim the excess dough from the edges.
8. FILLING: In a medium bowl, whisk the sugar, cocoa powder, flour and salt together.
9. Combine in a sauce pan the cream, butter and chocolate. Continue to stir over a medium heat until it becomes smooth.
10. Leave to cool for a couple minute before adding the eggs, egg yolks and chocolate mixture into the dry ingredients. Stir until well-combined.
11. Transfer the mixture into the pie crust in the pan.
12. Bake for 45-50 minutes.
13. Cool for 15 minutes and then serve with a scoop of ice cream or some cream.