Can we take a moment to admire the chocolate-y goodness that is staring back at us right now?
Okay, moment is over.
I don’t know about you but every now and then I get this urge to just rustle up a sweet treat from scratch, but to my disappointment, find that I don’t have any eggs. A while back I would let this stop me, because back then my common sense to follow an egg-free/eggless recipe was clearly non-existent! This time though, I followed a recipe from Food.com which gave me the most delicious chocolate pancakes!
Now, I don’t have an allergy to eggs that requires me to make pancakes this way but I’m fully aware there are people out there who do! So here’s some chocolate goodness that you can feast your eyes on and enjoy! Here’s what you need:
128g Plain Flour
2tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Vanilla
1tbsp Cocoa Powder
- Heat a frying pan on the hob with a little butter or oil.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl
- Add all the wet ingredients, mixing well.
- Add a ladel full of batter to the pan – I like my pancakes to be slightly thick and dense, so I don’t spread this all over the pan. But do what you prefer.
- Flip over when starting to pop or bubble, and do the same to the other side until done. Then repeat.
- Stack ’em, add a heaped tablespoon of Nutella over the top and watch it melt and droop down the sides from the heat of the pancakes and then for decoration, sprinkle a few chocolate drops on top.