This is my first attempt at flourless brownies. I love brownies and didn’t think they could possibly get any better, but this recipe takes them to a whole new level! The gooey-ness mixed with the crunchy topping and the gooey bottom is amazing. I’ll never go back to the sponge-like brownies I used to know.
I’ve mixed this recipe up ever so slightly compared to my first batch. The first set included Hazelnuts, but this time I have opted for almond flakes. It’s really no big deal, but it goes to show you can incorporate whatever ingredients you like to excite your taste bids!
175g Milk Chocolate190g Un-Salted Butter150g Light Brown Sugar100g Almond Flakes3 Medium Eggs, beaten15g Cocoa Powder, sifted1tsp Gluten Free Baking Powder1tsp Vanilla Extract
1. Pre-heat oven to 170c and grease a 20cm square cake tin.
2. In a heat-proof bowl break chocolate into small pieces and add the butter. Stand the bowl over a pan of simmering water and melt.
3. Once melted, remove the bowl from the pan and stir in the sugar.
4. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
5. Gradually whisk in the eggs to make a thick, glossy mixture.
6. Sift cocoa powder and baking powder on top, add the almonds and vanilla extract and mix together.
7. Pour mixture into prepared cake tin and smooth over the top.
8. Bake in the oven for around 40 minutes until risen and slightly crispy on top, and soft on the bottom.
9. Leave to cool and refrigerate before cutting and serving.