Bought as a present so not sure how it will perform.
Have a 30cm lodge frying pan which is top quality. However, the finish of this smaller pan is not to the same standard and it has a scratchy, rough handle that will have to be sanded down somehow. Disappointing, but still a very good pan.
Excellent pan very happy with it.
I haven’t used this pan enough to give it 5 stars but can report back on my findings so far. My reason for purchasing cast iron was, after much research it seemed like the safest option – i’ve been looking to get rid of my potentially toxic non stick pans for some time,the first thing i did when it arrived was to give it a quick scrub under running water then seasoned it twice using coconut oil. Seasoning is very easy – there’s plenty of videos & advice online. I was impressed with the quality of the pan & the weigh is reassuringthe first item i cooked was salmon. I melted some butter with a hint of olive oil & once nice and hot, placed the salmon fillet in the pan. I left it skin side up for a few mins, then flipped it over. There was slight sticking but the fillet remained in tact. Once the other side had cooked for a few mins i popped it in the oven for around 5 mins. The salmon was beautifully cooked & tasted great. There was a bit of residue left in the pan which disappeared with a gentle scrub under hot running water.
A classic size and brand of cast iron skillet.
Nice quality and weight, great finish. Only down point is the seasoning wasn’t great, but if you are using a cast iron pan you should properly season it before using it anyway. I imagine these sit in storage for a while which probably doesn’t help the seasoning.
Arrived on time and just what we were expecting.
This pan was bought for a present for my son-in-law at his request. He is pleased with it but has yet to use it as it is for use on the bar-b-q.
The lodge cast iron is well made and finished for the price i paid, and it works well.
Here are the specifications for the Lodge 25.4 cm / 10 inch Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Round Chef’s Skillet / Frying Pan:
- 25.4 cm/10 inch skillet/frying pan – ideal for omelettes and stir-frying
- Features a teardrop handle and sloped sides
- Two subtle side lips enable simple and mess-free pouring
- Pre-seasoned at Lodge’s foundry for a natural, easy-release finish that improves with use
- Unparalleled distribution and retention of heat ensures rapid and efficient cooking
- Suitable for use on induction, ceramic, electric and gas cooktops, as well as in the oven, on the stove, in the grill and on barbecues/campfires
- Extremely versatile – can be used to sear, fry, sauté, grill, roast, bake, braise and broil (both indoors or out)
- Compatible with metal, wood and silicone utensils
- Clean via hand washing (Lodge cast iron is sterile at 212 degrees Fahrenheit/100 degrees Celsius, so detergents are optional)
- Brutally tough – can last for over 100 years if care and use instructions (included with item) are followed
- Lifetime guarantee (full details below)
- Manufacturer warranty will not apply. Please review Amazon’s return policy, which usually offers free returns within 30 days of receipt.
Reviews from purchasers :
- Small cast iron pan
- Five Stars
- Looks good