I have now owned and used the melitta for well over a year, so i think that i am in a good position to comment on this product. I have to say, this has to be one of the best coffee machines that i have owned. Although i like gadgets, this coffee machine has no bells or whistles it simply makes good coffee. Melitta do other models that provide timers and other features, which you might think are useful, but really you probably will never use, so why pay for them?this coffee maker is simple to use. Firstly using the insulated jug, fill up the water reservoir with the desired amount of water (it took me a while to work this out, but i have now got it down to a ‘t’). Next get a paper filter (at first i thought this would be a disadvantage, but it is actually an advantage) and place it in the coffee drip area. Not only does the paper filter stop any grinds getting into the coffee – it has been my experience that foil filters never quite stop coffee grinds getting into the coffee; but its is easier to clean-up as it is simple to lift the used filer from the coffee machine and dispose of it. Then press the ‘start’ button. The machine starts almost immediately heating the cold water and dripping it through the coffee and into the thermos flask. I did not want a coffee machine with a hot plate, as the coffee tends to get ‘burned’ after a while and the plate tends to go.
A very nice coffeemaker, he indicates when he needs descaling. The insulation holds for 12 h you can also regulate from weak to strong coffeein 3 min you have coffee. I would recommend this maker to everybody.
Good product, well designed and manufactured. Thermos flask is far superior to glass ones with warm plate for coffee freshness.
This is a great little machine. The insulated jug keeps the coffee warm for ages (not that it lasts long in this house) without the nasty stewed taste that a heated plate produces. It also tells you when it’s ready for a descale which will keep your machine in tip top condition. I would definitely recommend this product, excellent value for money.
Very annoyed to find it didn’t have a uk plug so have had to buy an adaptor. Couldn’t see anything about it being a differ too plug in the blurb.
Its as good as it says exccelent.
My husband loves very strong coffee and as he sometimes works from home, likes to keep a pot on the go. Burnt coffee is his bug-bear, so i thought this would remove the issue of coffee being kept on a hot plate. Whilst it keeps the coffee warm (not hot), within the hour it has cooled considerably. I suppose it’s whether you want your coffee piping hot or not.
Here are the specifications for the Melitta Look IV Therm Selection:
- Wake up with a mild or strong cup of coffee rich in flavour, Double walled water tank for 8 large cups (125ml) or 12 small cups (85ml)
- Exceptional taste: Optimal temperature preparation, Adjustable coffee intensity thanks to Aroma Selector, Keeps coffee hot for 2 hours thanks to robust insulated Jug with reinforced double wall interior
- Easily handle Jug with one hand, Lid and detachable anti-drip filter, Compatible with 1 x 4 filters, Light up On/Off button, Storage in base for adjustable cable length, Stainless steel panels on filter lid
- Preserve your machine and the taste of coffee: Descaling program, Calcification display, Programmable water hardness level, Machine washable detachable filter and Jug, Auto-off feature, 1000 W, Designed in Germany
- Contents: 1 Melitta Look IV Therm Selection Filter Coffee Machine, White/Brushed Steel, Black/Brushed Steel, 1011-12, 5 Original Melitta White Coffee Filters, Weight: 5.04 lbs, Dimensions (L x H x D) : 9 x 13.7 x 8.2 inches, Cable length: 2.9 ft.
Reviews from purchasers :
- Very annoyed to find It didn’t have a UK plug so
- Great Coffee Maker
- My husband loves very strong coffee and as he sometimes