Works as well as the receiver i got with the original, which was not great. But when connected good picture and audio.
Did not use these and sent them back for full refund, as the main sender and receiver from another source did not work.
I used to have a xenta 5ghz hdmi video sender that worked well until one day it just died so thought i’d try this. I am sending a hdmi hd video signal from a downstairs lounge to an upstairs bedroom at the opposite end of a medium 3 bed house. The setup was quick and the signal quality is excellent with maybe one dropped connection per month. When the connection drops, it immediately reconnects within a second. I am very pleased with this as it is passing a celing / floor and a thick brick wall across 20 meters with no issues. Many of these hdmi video senders are hit and miss so it may not be suitable for you but for me it works great and i am able to view and control my skyhd box.
Took me a while to set up but works very well once that’s done.
A little disappointed with the signal strength as sender only in room above, about 4m away signal strength about 69db, picture jumps or drops occasionally plus remote response very poor and annoying.
I was very happy with an existing provision hd sender/ receiver so i bought an extra receiver for my bedroom – but i never got a stable picture with it even though my signal is strong and my other provision receiver works fine. Exactly 1 year after purchase it has now stopped working altogether – looks like a faulty unit. I’m now trying to get a replacement unit. *** update july 2017 ***i’ve increased my rating to 4 stars because when i replaced my old hdmi cables with hdmi 2. 0 to my surprise all the picture mosaicking and loss of signal is now completely cured no need for a replacement unit and picture is perfect as far as i can tell – who knew :).
Hard to comment really as i couldn’t get it to work with the transmitter, but i think it might have been a transmitter problem. The vendor accepted the return and i received a full refund.
Works perfectly – no interference. Also we have one system with 2-recivers and both tv`s have problem free pictures. Expensive compared to some similar systems however it actually worksone issue :we have two complete systems and one seems to interfere with the other but provision are providing support on this (seems to be using the same frequency).
Easy to add to existing system, great tech support form manufacturer, brilliant piece of kit.
Here are the specifications for the Provision HD Wireless Multi-Point Receiver:
- Make sure this fits
by entering your model number.
- Expand your wireless HD system by adding further receivers
- Now available, additional receiver so you can expand your HD system to mutliple other locations in your home upto a maximum of 3 receiver
- Kit comes complete with receiver unit, wall and shelf mounting and instruction guide to allow you to pair the unit with existing system.
- The unit is straight forward to use and normally takes only a few minutes to set up with an existing HD system
- Please note that no HDMI cables are supplied with the product
Reviews from purchasers :
- Make sure you use HDMI 2.0 cables
- Works perfectly – no interference. Also we have one
- A little disappointed with the signal strength as sender only in room